Inpatient stroke rehabilitation is provided on Elizabeth Ward located in Bideford Hospital Tel 01237 420218.
Elizabeth Ward is a 12 bedded unit providing high quality and specialist management of patients in the rehabilitation stage of their care.
The purpose of Elizabeth Ward is to ensure:
- All patients are assessed and managed by the specialist stroke team
- Secondary prevention measures are continued as appropriate
- Recovery is maximized by active therapy
- Patients take a greater control of their lives and independence through participation in goal planning meetings.
- Appropriate and timely discharge planning