The Safeguarding Children Declaration is here
The aim of the Safeguarding Service is to ensure that the organisation meets its statutory requirements of the Children Act (1989/2004) in relation to Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018).
The overarching aims of the service are to:
- Ensure that all children and young people are protected from significant harm
- Ensure the welfare of the child is paramount and the voice of the child is central to all interventions
- Ensure compliance with the South West Child Protection Procedures
- Implement national and local guidance in relation to safeguarding
- Play an integral part in Devon Children and Families Partnership’s exercise of its safeguarding functions
- Promote best practice throughout the organisation.