The Safeguarding Children Declaration is here
If you have any safeguarding or child protection concerns, please contact MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) on 0345 155 1071. As a member of the public you can do this anonymously.
For more information on the services MASH provide, please follow the Devon Safeguarding link at the bottom of this page.
Every health organisation is required to have in place Named Professionals whose focus is on safeguarding children and protecting them from harm. Within the Trust we have Safeguarding Leads whose job it is to promote best practice amongst their colleagues and provide advice, safeguarding children supervision, education and support on child safeguarding issues.
The Named Nurse, Doctor & Midwife work closely with the wider health professionals including Paediatricians, GPs, Health Visitors and School Nurses. The team also works with partner agencies such as the Police and Social Care, as well as other statutory and voluntary organisations.
The aim of the Safeguarding Children’s Service is to ensure that the organisation meets its statutory requirements in relation to Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015).
The overarching aims of the service are to:
- Ensure that all children and young people are protected from significant harm
- Ensure the welfare of the child is paramount and the voice of the child is central to all interventions
- Ensure compliance with the South West Child Protection Procedures
- Implement national and local guidance in relation to safeguarding
- Play an integral part in Devon Children and Families Partnership’s exercise of its safeguarding functions
- Promote best practice throughout the organisation.
Who we are
The Executive Director for safeguarding children is;
- Director of Nursing, Quality & Workforce – Darryn Allcorn
The named professional are:
- Named Nurse: Anna Brimacombe
- Named Doctors: Dr Rebecca Rub
- Named Midwife: Therese Chapman
How to access the service
The Safeguarding Children Service is led by the Named Nurse for Safeguarding Children. The service is accessible to all staff working within the organisation and to children & their families, other agencies, statutory and voluntary, to offer advice and support on issues relating to safeguarding children.
The service is available Monday to Friday 9 – 4.30, the contact number is 01271 341533
For information on Child Protection please go here: