The nurse advice line is available to support patients to better manage their Rheumatology conditions.
The advice line is not an emergency service and we aim to return calls within 3 working days. In the event of needing more immediate help the patient should see their GP or call 111 for an out of hours doctor. If the GP is concerned about the patients condition or blood tests he/she should contact the Rheumatology department directly and not via the patient.
The service is run by the Rheumatology clinical nurse specialists:
- Nikki Seaman
- Jenny Brown
- Bev Vale
- Sara Littlejohns
The advice line number is: 01271 322359
The advice line operates from 08.30 – 16.00 Monday to Friday on working days, excluding Bank Holidays.
The patient should leave their full name, contact number and either the ND or NHS number found on the top right hand corner of their clinic letters. Please also leave a short message explaining the query. Without this information it may be difficult to retrieve the patient’s details and return their call.
The advice line may be used for:
- When you are flaring
- When you are experiencing side effects of drugs
- When you have further questions about medication or treatment plan
- The need to stop/change treatment for any reason
- If you have been asked to call by a member of the team
The advice line is not to be used for:
- Making, changing or enquiring about appointments (these should be made directly with outpatients on 01271 314161)
- Requesting services of other team disciplines (these should be made directly by request e.g. Occupational Therapy, via the hospital operator on 01271 322577).
- Unrelated medical or other conditions