Welcome to the Occupational Therapy Team for rheumatology in North Devon. We started out in 1996 when the service was first set up. We see people on an individual basis and run the Patient Education Group on behalf of the rheumatology team.
Generally we see people in our outpatient department at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, but we do run clinics in Bideford, Holsworthy, South Molton, Torrington and Ilfracombe.
Our team consists of Jo Harness (Advanced Occupational Therapy Practitioner), Henrietta Clay (Specialist Occupational Therapy Practitioner) and Jayne Attwood (Occupational Therapy Technician). We are available Mon to Fri, although our hours are variable.
Advice and information about: Children, Befriending, Community Alarm, Transport, Blue badges Carers support, Housing issues, Personal care, Adaptations and local services. Contact Care Direct: 0345 155 1007, Devon Social Care
Other useful services:
- Independent Living Centre Devon, 01392 380181
- Access to work
- Citizens Advice Bureau, 03444 111444
- Age UK Devon, 0845 296 7810 or Age Concern for Barnstaple and District, 01271 324488
- Red cross, 01271 318083
- North Devon Depression and Anxiety Service, 01271 335041
- Care Wise for North Devon’s Young Carers, 01237 479380
- Devon Carers, 08456 434435
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society, 0800 298 7650
- Arthritis Research U.K.
- Arthritis Care, 0808 800 4050