The Pathfinder team work with patients and carers to create a personalised care plan, so that a patient can return home or to another residential setting with the right support to stay safe, well and as independent as possible. The team works with other services to provide multidisciplinary support from assessment through to treatment and care. The team aims to be as flexible as possible so that your needs are best met.
How do I access the service?
The team accepts referrals from other healthcare professionals, primarily from within the hospital, when a patient suffers a health problem which suggests they might not be able to manage well at home without extra support.
What support is available?
The support you will be offered will be based on a full assessment of your needs. Initially you might be offered rapid response services for ten days while your care plan is reviewed and your needs are discussed with you.
Some of the support available may be:
- Rapid access to care at home
- Provision of equipment
- Signposting to other appropriate services
- Therapy assessments and treatments
- Rapid access to short-term stays in residential/nursing homes.
- Advice regarding any Health or Social Care funding that you might be eligible for.
- Rapid access to care and funding to support end of life care.