How to be referred

There is a referral pathway to be followed. All children will need to have an initial assessment with either their health visitor (pre-school child) or School Nurse (school age child). A referral can be made to your health visitor directly or via the GP, and school nurse via your child’s school or GP. They will provide initial assessment and intervention. If no progress has been made they an make an onward referral to the specialist bladder and bowel care service. For children with complex needs, a referral can be made by a consultant paediatrician or other healthcare professional.

Last updated: October 3, 2017