We have a team dedicated to providing your child with a comprehensive eye assessment. Our team consists of Orthoptists, Optometrists, Imaging technicians, Nurses, Doctors and experts in visual impairment.
Depending on your child’s eye problem, they may need to see all of the team, so please expect your appointment to last anything between 1 to 2 hours. We will do our best to make your visit as quick as possible but unpredictable delays do occur.
If we need to check your child for glasses or to examine or photograph the back of their eyes, they will probably need eye drops which can take 15-30 minutes to work.
Please bring to the appointment:
- Your child’s glasses if they wear them
- A list of any medication they take
- Any eyedrops your child is using
- If you are not the parent / legal guardian of the child, please bring written consent with you giving permission that you can act on their behalf.
- Consider bringing a drink and a snack