Certificate of visual impairment (CVI) registration is the registration of patients deemed to be sight-impaired or severely sight-impaired. Registration takes place on the recommendation of your consultant ophthalmologist with guidance from other team members and following discussion with the patient.
The service is provided by John Wade and Nicky Searle, both Rehabilitation Officers for the Visually Impaired.
What do we do?
- See the patients following their consultation with the ophthalmologists
- Guide the patients through the CVI registration process
- Listen to the patient’s concerns and provide relevant information to meet individual needs, eg regarding access to work, benefits, practical help, etc
- One-to-one mobility training
- Visit people in their homes to provide an assessment of need.
- Signpost patients to, for example, social services, appointed and other agencies
- Provide up-to-date information leaflets on a range of issues related to sight impairment, benefits, support groups, etc
- Provide useful gadgets and aids to encourage patients and/or relatives to explore their usage to aid independence.
Where to find us
Our office is located within the Exmoor Unit at North Devon District Hospital
How to contact us
We hold clinics at NDDH on Wednesdays and Thursdays, when we can be contacted on 01271 311588
On other days we may be contactable on 01271 376677