The main objectives of this project are:
1. Increasing understanding of diabetic foot problems
Increasing healthcare professional’s (HCP) understanding of diabetic foot problems to ensure patients are risk assessed correctly and referred appropriately.
2. Improve communication
To improve communication between podiatry and primary care and support to primary care through practice-linked podiatrist/s
3. Co-ordinate an integrated podiatry/MDT service
To co-ordinate an integrated podiatry/MDT through a dedicated admin post
4. Promote use of FRAME education tool for all HCPs with diabetes involvement
5. Explore the use of technology to assist in triage and allow timely intervention
6. Develop a standardised foot assessment template for use in practices (system one/ardens), and for DNs (Rio) ensuring all have access & consistently use this tool.