The main objectives are:
- Bring the MDFT service into line with NG19 guidance and the recommendations of the Peer Review including:
- Developing a plan to enable review of all urgent cases within 24 hours, including weekends
- Increasing the MDFT clinic to an extra half day per week
- Including other specialists in the MDFT such as the Consultant Diabetologist
- Using technology to enable MDFT clinics to take place without the need for vascular consultant attendance in rural areas.
- Ensure RCAs are carried out on all major amputations
An allocation from the Diabetes Transformation Funding has been agreed to pay for the extra half day clinic, additional clinician time and technology to support ‘virtual’ clinics.