The North Devon Diabetes service is a team of professionals dedicated to providing patient centred integrated diabetes care across the region. Based at North Devon District Hospital, the team aim to provide diabetes care where it can be most appropriately delivered to meet the needs of the patient whether that is in hospital, at home, in the GP surgery or in the community.
The team aims to:
- Support people to manage their diabetes in the way that they choose.
- Improve standards of diabetes care.
- Provide care in the right setting for the individual’s needs.
- Educate people, their families and their carers about living with diabetes.
- Educate healthcare professionals to deliver safe and effective diabetes care.