- An Integrated Diabetes Team bringing together the roles of: the specialist diabetes team, the primary care team and diabetes education
- Clear, patient-centred pathways that are easily navigable and developed in partnership with patients and their families
- Providing suitable support taking into account individual’s circumstances
- Education, advice and support readily available to people with diabetes and those supporting them so that they can get into the right habits early and then maintain them
- Collaborative care planning, with patients and clinicians working as partners to agree goals, identify support needs and implement action plans
As a result of listening to people with diabetes and their healthcare providers, the project team devised eight project areas to meet the needs identified.