‘We are committed to person centred, dignified, compassionate, safe and effective care in the right place by the right staff with the right skills working together all of the time.’
What we do
The Care Homes Team provides support and structured education/training to care homes (nursing and residential), domiciliary care providers and supported/assisted living providers within North Devon.
Aims of the team
The aims of the team are to support the independent care sector in delivering a high standard of healthcare to prevent avoidable hospital admissions, reduce harm and safeguarding concerns.
The service we offer:
- Is in line with local/national needs, policy and regulatory compliance
- Is in line with Northern Devon Healthcare Trust vision and 2017/18 plan.
- NHS Long term plan
- Promotes integration, collaboration and sharing of best practice
- Champions respect, dignity, kindness and person-centred care.
- To prevent avoidable hospital admissions, 999, GP and out of hours call outs
- To reduce the risk of avoidable harm such as pressure damage, falls and malnutrition
- To safeguard the wellbeing of those in receipt of care
- To support the delivery of excellent standards of high quality care within independent care services across Northern Devon through the provision of support, signposting and the delivery of evidenced based education/training
- To value, respect and work in partnership with independent care providers
- To promote a smooth admission/discharge process where admission cannot be avoided
- To utilise feedback and data to measure improvement and continue to develop the service based on local and national need.
Key multi agency partners:
- Northern Devon Healthcare Trust
- NEW Devon CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Devon County Council (DCC)
- North Devon Hospice
- Petroc College
- Primary Care/General Practice
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Independent care providers to Key multi-agency partners