Who are we?
We are a team of specialist nurses with extensive nursing experience and specialised cardiac skills. We care for people who have already been diagnosed with heart failure (LVSD – Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction).
Aim of the service
The team offers high quality patient care, respecting individual wishes, beliefs and needs.
The team will help you maintain and improve your quality of life.
They will also listen to your views and comments and use them to develop and improve services for all patients and their families.
The team will:
- Work closely with you, your GP and your hospital consultant to try and improve your symptoms and quality of life.
- Plan your care with you to meet your individual needs.
- Offer support and individualised advice for you and your family.
- Discuss and review your medication and adjust your doses if necessary.
- Monitor your condition and blood tests as needed.
- Refer you to other services where appropriate.
How to be referred
Patients are referred by Consultants, GPs, Community Nurses, Hospital Staff.
Our first contact with you maybe a phone call or we may ask you to attend a clinic that is local and convenient to you and based within your locality.
Your first clinic appointment will last up to an hour, with subsequent appointments lasting 30 minutes.
Housebound patients are seen at home by arrangement wherever possible.
Always bring all medication to your appointments.
Where service is provided
Clinics are held in a number of community hospitals throughout Devon. You will be offered an appointment at the clinic nearest your home address.
We maintain regular telephone support between clinics as required.