Bassett ward is in the Ladywell unit at North Devon District Hospital – please see map here.
Visiting times for Bassett ward
Visiting patients during COVID-19
To reduce the risk to patients, staff and visitors, no visiting will be allowed at NDDH except for:
- A partner or designated individual may attend the 20 week anomaly scan (they will not be able to stay for any subsequent review with a doctor or midwife)
- A partner can attend an induction of labour appointment and will then leave but be able to return for arranged one hour visiting
- A partner will be encouraged to attend to support a woman for the duration of her time on labour ward
- A partner or designated individual may visit Bassett ward for a one hour allocated time slot
Do not visit if you or someone in your household has symptoms of Coronavirus.
- a new, persistent cough
- a high temperature (37.8 degrees centigrade or higher)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Alternatives to visiting
If the patient does not have their own device, we can facilitate a call to friends and family in place of a visit. Please speak with the nurse in charge who will be able to arrange this for you.
If you would like to send letters, drawings or cards to your loved one you can email them to email@example.com placing “PATIENT COMMUNICATION” in the subject line and adding the patient’s details to the email. Attachments will be printed and delivered to the patient.
We realise that these times can be distressing for patients and their loved ones, and we are sorry that we must restrict visits to hospital to protect patients and staff during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Thank you for your support and understanding
Correct at 2 July 2020
Bassett Ward Manager/Sister
Ward phone number