Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMS) (Patient Questionnaires)
What is PROMS?
The Department of Health has launched patient questionnaires to collect information on patients’ quality of life pre and post operations.
Who needs to fill out a questionnaire?
All patients who are going to have the following procedures will be asked to complete a questionnaire at time of pre-operative assessment –
- Varicose veins operations
- Groin hernia operations
- knee replacements (left or right)
- hip replacements (left or right)
Who is not eligible to complete questionnaires?
The questionnaires are not given to private patients or patients under 12 years of age.
What is the process for completing questionnaire?
- At time of pre-operative assessment you will be asked to complete a questionnaire, if this does not happen then please ask the pre operative assessment nurse.
- Leaflets explaining PROMS are available for patients.
- You can choose to take part and if you would rather not complete a questionnaire then this will not affect your future care.
- If they choose to complete a questionnaire you need to sign the consent form in the questionnaire and pull out one copy to keep yourself.
- Whilst in the waiting area please answer the questions (you cannot take the questionnaire away to complete).
- The completed questionnaires must then be placed in the pink return box.
- The box will be regularly emptied and the questionnaires sent off to the national team for analysis.
- For varicose vein and groin hernia operations you will then be sent a post op questionnaire by the national team and 3 months post op.
- For hip and knee replacement operations you will be sent a post op questionnaire by the national team at 6 months post op.
Please see the leaflet for more information
Dec 09 SB V1.