The Pathology department contributes to the training of North Devon Staff in the following areas:
- Several weekly meetings coordinated by the Histopathology department to review medical biopsies.
- Regular contribution to medical and surgical clinical meetings by Biochemistry, Haematology, Histopathology and Microbiology.
- Contribution to training sessions in Venepuncture.
- Last Offices (half day) training by staff from the Mortuary & Bereavement department
- BARS training (Blood Audit & Release System) – removing/returning blood from blood banks.
- Training sessions for nursing and medical staff on administration of blood.
- Training sessions in the use of Point of Care equipment such as glucose meters and blood gas analysers
- Training sessions on the use of the Laboratory computer system.
- Teaching medical students.
- Organisation of educational visits to the Pathology department for students, nursing and paramedical staff from the hospital and the community.
Please use the Contact Us section for more information on any of the above.