Unaccredited Pathology Tests
- All blood Gas tests (including glucose, lactate and electrolytes) done on all blood gas analysers on wards and in the laboratory.++
- LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase)++
- Placental Growth Factor (PlGF)++
- Soluble fms-like Tyrosine Kinase-1++
- PET Ratio++
- Procalcitonin (PCT)++
Haematology & Blood Transfusion:
- ESR test*
- Glycated Haemaglobin (GHB, HbA1c)++
- Optical platelet count++
- Column agglutination test++
- Covid-19 PCR swab testing++
- Trichomonas Vaginalis*+
- MRSA on the GeneXpert analyser, (rapid turnaround tests only)
- Flu A, Flu B and RSV tests done in A/E (seasonal activity)
- H. pylori (helicobacter) antigen.++
- p40 antibody stain*, Myoglobin antibody stain*, Phloxine Tatrazine special stain*.
* These tests are not in our scope of accredited tests and there are no plans to include them in the future.
+ There is no internal quality control available for this test and it is not included in an EQA scheme, however it is part of the laboratory’s Internal Quality Assurance programme.
++ These laboratory tests are scheduled to be assessed for accreditation.