Unaccredited Pathology Tests to ISO 15189:2012
- Blood Gas tests (including glucose, lactate and electrolytes) done on all blood gas analysers on wards.*
- LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase)++
- Placental Growth Factor (PlGF)++
- Soluble fms-like Tyrosine Kinase-1++
- PET Ratio++
- Procalcitonin (PCT)++
Haematology & Blood Transfusion:
- ESR test*
- Glycated Haemaglobin (GHB, HbA1c)++
- Sickle Cell & Thalasseamia testing++
- Optical platelet count++
- Column agglutination test++
- Electronic Crossmatch testing++
- Trichomonas Vaginalis*+
- Flu A, Flu B and RSV tests done in A/E (seasonal activity)*
- Detection of SARS Covid 2 – (Using the Kingfisher Flex and PCR amplification using Cobas z480)++
- Detection of Helicobacter pylori – (Using the Prolab Proflow kit)++
- Detection of Rotavirus and adenovirus – (Using the Certest kit)++
- Detection of Legionella and pneumococcal urinary antigen – Using the (Abbott BinaxNOW kit)++
GeneXpert analyser tests:
- Covid-19 (SARS Covid 2)++
- Influenza A/B, RSV++
- Norovirus & GC++
- p40 antibody stain*, Myoglobin antibody stain*, Phloxine Tatrazine special stain*.
* These tests are not in our scope of accredited tests and there are no plans to include them in the future.
+ There is no internal quality control available for this test and it is not included in an EQA scheme, however it is part of the laboratory’s Internal Quality Assurance programme.
++ These laboratory tests are either scheduled to be assessed for accreditation or waiting the outcome following an assessment.