Bereavement Support Service
Information for Relatives:
The bereavement office provides a comprehensive service that supports the work required following a death. It supports and gives advice to relatives and friends on what they must do following a death. It deals sensitively with questions about the Coroner and post mortem examinations and supports the consent process for Hospital post mortem examinations.
- For information and advice following a bereavement click here.
- Deciding about a post mortem examination: Information for parents
Information for Hospital Staff:
The department provides a comprehensive, (except paediatric), autopsy service for North Devon District Hospital and HM Coroner, (Exeter and Greater Devon). The facility serves as the public mortuary for North Devon.
The Mortuary and Bereavement Support Office are managed by the Histopathology Laboratory Manager
Perinatal Post Mortem Consent Reading List
- The relevant parts of the Human Tissue Authority’s Codes of Practice A and B
- SANDS Perinatal Post Mortem Consent Package (Including the SANDS Guide for consent takers)
- Information for consent takers: Local practices and arrangements
- Post Mortem, Sensitive Disposal & Tissue Policy
- Obtaining Consent for a perinatal post mortem