BMJ Best Practice is an evidence-based point of care tool, structured around the patient consultation with advice on symptom evaluation, test ordering and treatment approach. It includes 1000+ evidence-based condition and symptom topics across 32 clinical specialties.
How do I access BMJ Best Practice?
From an NDHT Trust computer:
- Visit bestpractice.bmj.com
- The top left corner will show ‘Access provided by: Health Education England (HEE)’
- A pop-up box should prompt you to create a ‘Free personal account’ – follow these instructions to create your account. You can then use these personal account details to log in and access BMJ Best Practice anywhere.
From home/mobile devices:
- Visit bestpractice.bmj.com and click ‘Log in’.
- You will be presented with an ‘Access through your institution’ button.
- When selected, you will be asked to search for your institution. Please type and select ‘NHS in England’, and then log in using your OpenAthens username and password.
- Click ‘continue’ to link your OpenAthens account with your BMJ Best Practice personal account. You can use these personal account details to log in and access BMJ Best Practice anywhere.
BMJ Best Practice App – Go to the Google Play store or Apple’s App Store on your device.
NHS OpenAthens account required to access this resource – register here