The safe and effective care within our budget consultation has ended. We have had a fantastic response from the public and will be presenting the results at the Trust Board meeting on 6 October. Papers are posted here
Have your say on the future location of community hospital beds in Northern Devon
The Trust is urging local people to express their views on the consultation options which are as follows:
- Option A: Beds at two community hospitals
- Option B: Beds at North Devon District Hospital (NDDH)
- Option C: Beds at NDDH and one community hospital
Attend a meeting
There will be a series of public meetings where people can drop in, see a presentation and join a round table discussion about the options available and how they were reached.
People will be asked for their preferred option and whether any alternatives should have been considered.
There will be three identical sessions on each date, starting at 3.30pm, 5pm and 6.30pm:
|Tuesday 18 August||Ilfracombe||The Landmark Theatre, Seafront, Ilfracombe, EX34 9BZ||Questions from Ilfracombe 18 August|
|Thursday 20 August||Holsworthy||Holsworthy Memorial Hall, North Road, Holsworthy, EX22 6DJ||Questions from Holsworthy 20 August|
|Tuesday 25 August||South Molton||New Assembly Room, South Molton Town Hall, East Street, South Molton, EX36 3BU||Questions from South Molton 26 August|
|Thursday 27 August||Bideford||Stucley Hall, Bideford College, Bideford, EX39 3AR||Questions from Bideford 27-8-15|
|Tuesday 1 September||Hatherleigh||Hatherleigh Community Centre, Bowling Green Lane, Hatherleigh, Okehampton, EX20 3HB||Questions from Hatherleigh 01 09 15|
|Thursday 3 September||Lynton||Lynton Town Hall, Lee Road, Lynton, Ex65 6BT||Questions from Lynton 3 September|
|Monday 7 September||Barnstaple||Barnstaple Rugby Club, Pottington Road, Barnstaple EX31 1JH||Questions from Barnstaple 7 September|
|Friday 4 September||Bradford (Holsworthy)||Bradford (Holsworthy)||Questions from Bradford (Holsworthy) 4 September|
Other ways to get involved
- Complete the online feedback form on the Trust website here
- Download the consultation document (or the Easy read version) and e-mail the enclosed feedback form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Communications Team, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4JB.
- Write to Dr Alison Diamond, Chief Executive, Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4JB.
- E-mail us at email@example.com.
- Call us on 01271 322460.
- Invite us to a meeting, if you’re part of a group or organisation and can’t attend any of the public events. For more information, call Nellie Guttmann on 01271 313971 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board meeting – 6 October 2015
The Trust Board will be meeting on 6th October 2015 and will be reviewing the outcome of the consultation: safe and effective care within our budget, before Board members make a decision on where community hospital beds should be located in Northern Devon.
Date: 6 October 2015
Venue: Boardroom, Chichester House, North Devon District Hospital, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple EX31 4JB
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust Board meetings are held in public but they are not public meetings. Members of the public are welcome to attend and we would request that you inform us in advance if you would like to attend, so we can ensure there is sufficient space for the public. Please note that places are limited and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
If you would like to attend, please email Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle on email@example.com by 12pm on Monday 5th October.
In addition, to ensure the smooth-running of the Board meeting, we request that any members of the public wishing to raise questions put their questions to us in writing beforehand. If you wish to submit a question, please download the form here, complete it and return to Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle on firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 5th October.
Board papers will be published by 5pm on 2 October here