While we focus our efforts on meeting the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we are still here to help you.
Although people are being told to stay home to protect themselves, if you are already a patient of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust or are unwell, you should continue to access the care that you need.
If you are a patient with a long-term condition please do keep in touch with your clinical team. Please see our services section where more information is available, including the best way to contact us, which may include by email or telephone.
If you need urgent help
You can access GP services, call 111 or call 999 in a medical emergency if you or your family require urgent help.
Our emergency department (A&E) is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week at North Devon District Hospital.
Minor injuries services
As part of our efforts to prepare our NHS staff to care for COVID-19 patients, we have temporarily closed the Minor Injuries Units at Bideford Hospital and Ilfracombe Tyrrell Hospital. Minor injuries services in Lynton are available on weekdays only. Click here for more information on minor injuries services in northern Devon.
Information for patients, the public and staff
- Visiting patients during COVID-19 – and alternatives available | pdf version
- Changes to non-urgent outpatient appointments
Your NHS is here for you
Click on the images for printable PDF files.
- Coronavirus: frequently asked questions for people using maternity services | NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
- Pregnancy and coronavirus leaflets (NHS England)
Patients with a learning disability
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND) coronavirus advice | NHS Devon Clinical Commissioning Group
- Coronavirus easy read leaflets
- Getting NHS help when you need it during the coronavirus outbreak – easy read
Offers of help from our local communities
We have been overwhelmed with kind and generous offers of help from our local communities. Thank you for thinking of our staff and patients at this challenging time.
If you want to help support our staff by making something or offering gifts, please get in touch with us first so we can help you make sure that what you are doing is appropriate and safe to be used.
And before you join in with someone’s offer of help, please ask them if they’ve been in contact with us. We would hate to see anyone’s kind efforts go to waste.