Please read the Patient Information Leaflet entitled Compliments, Concerns and Complaints
also Complaints (easy read) is available.
Please read the following additional notes:
- Patient Transport Services to or from the North Devon Hospital or to any of the community hospitals are not the responsibility of Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust. Compliments, concerns and complaints about Patient Transport Services should be addressed to South West Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Abbey Court, Eagle Way, Exeter EX2 7HY
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is not responsible for the provision of Patient Psychiatric Services available at North Devon District Hospital. Compliments, concerns and complaints as to these services (to include the management and staffing of Moorland View, Ocean View and Meadow View Wards) should be addressed to the Customer Relations Manager of the Devon Partnership NHS Trust (see details of address/telephone/website on following page)
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is responsible for the management of staff of all the community hospitals.
- Try and raise your concerns as soon as possible after the event. This will often make it easier for everyone who is concerned with the complaint to recall relevant matters.
If you wish to raise a concern by e-mail, there is a form to be completed below. Please note:-
- Some sections of the form have mandatory areas for completion.
- You do not have to provide an e-mail address. If you do provide an e-mail address, the Trust may or may not at its discretion, use that e-mail address to communicate with you. If you do not wish to be communicated with by e-mail, you should not provide your e-mail address. Any e-mail address which is provided will only be used by the Trust’s Customer Relations Manager and not by any other Trust medical/nursing/management staff unless you have reached a separate arrangement.
- It is helpful when completing the form of complaint to:
- Identify it at all possible, any doctors, nursing or other staff, or relevant wards that you have had dealings with.
- Let us know when approximately the events about which you are complaining occurred.
- Indicate, if you wish to do so, that you would like to achieve by raising your concerns.
- Do let us know if you would like to meet with staff to discuss your concern as we may be able to arrange a resolution meeting
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust values constructive complaints, as these often (a) identify shortcomings and (b) enable patient services to be improved.
If you have any suggestions to make as part of your complaint as to how patient services may be improved, or as to how any patient information leaflet which you have received can be improved, please do not hesitate to say so.
This website and the Raising a Concern Form must not be used to seek medical advice. Advice with regard to any medical condition should be sought from your GP or other appropriate medical practitioner. Or you can contact NHS 111 Service to speak to a highly trained advisor, supported by healthcare professionals.