1. What is your job title and where do you work?
Speech and language therapist – stroke specialist, Staples Ward and early supported discharge
2. What says ‘Christmas’ to you?
Fire, family, friends. I’m Welsh and in Wales we say cwtch, which means a warm cuddle or a hug. Christmas is time to be cwtchy!
3. Top tip for a great Christmas?
Buy mince pies.
4. Is there anything that happened in 2019 that you feel thankful for, or anyone you’d like to thank?
I finished my masters. Our wonderful team of ‘speechies’ and MDT colleagues working in stroke and neuro rehab. They’re all fantastic. Thank you all.
5. Have you got a goal for 2020?
I have loads of goals but an important one to me is to raise awareness of people with communication difficulties during their stay in the hospital and ensure we do all we can to support them to access safe healthcare.