1. What is your job title and where do you work?
Consultant orthopaedic surgeon and clinical lead for orthopaedics at North Devon District Hospital.
2. What says ‘Christmas’ to you?
Christmas is about coming together as a family, and over excited children (and an over excited wife who has been looking forward to Christmas since the last one!).
3. Top tip for a great Christmas?
Never leave the dog unattended in the same room as the turkey!
4. Is there anything that happened in 2019 that you feel thankful for, or anyone you’d like to thank?
I am thankful for having such a great bunch of people to work with. The orthopaedic department has been through a period of great change and everyone has risen to that challenge. As a result we have a department that is, by some measures, the best in the country. I can see things getting even better in the future too, so thank you secretaries, nurses, OTs, physios, theatre staff, management, junior doctors, associate specialists and consultant colleagues!
5. Have you got a goal for 2020?
I’m in a covers band who’ve been doing more practicing than performing – hopefully in 2020 we will play a few more gigs!