Meetings of the Trust Board
Board meetings of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust are open to staff, the press and the public. Guidance notes are available on how the Board meetings work and on how to submit a written question on matters being discussed at the Board meeting.
All Board meetings will commence at 10.00am. The morning session is open to members of the public from 10.00am through to approximately 1pm. Board meetings are held in the Chichester Boardroom, North Devon District Hospital, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple EX31 4JB.
The meetings for 2019/20 will be on:
Thursday 2 May 2019
Thursday 4 July 2019
Thursday 5 September 2019
Thursday 7 November 2019
Thursday 2 January 2020
Thursday 5 March 2020
Please note that all Board meetings will commence at 10.00am
Members of the public are welcome to attend
Staff and public invited to AGM – Thursday 5 September 2019
All are welcome to come along to NDHT’s annual general meeting (AGM) to take a look back at the challenges and successes of the past year.
The meeting will be held on Thursday 5 September at 5pm in the Chichester Boardroom at North Devon District Hospital. Light refreshments will be served from 4.45pm.
The following items will be covered:
- A review of the main achievements for 2018-19
- The Annual Accounts 2018-19 – available here
- The Quality Account 2018-19 – available here
To submit a written question on matters being discussed at the Board meeting, submit our form (available here (Word doc)) or call 01271 311830 for more information.
Agendas and papers
The agenda and papers for Board meetings may be viewed on the Trust’s website and will be made available at least two working days before the Board meeting.
The final approved minutes are made available within five working days following approval by the Board.
If you have particular requirements in respect of access or assistance, or for further information, please contact Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle, PA to the Chairman, on 01271 311830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Role of the Trust Board
As a Board of a public service body, the Trust Board forms the collective strategic and operational leadership of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and brings together its Executive Directors with independent Non-Executive Directors from outside the organisation to retain full and effective control over the Trust’s business.
Trust Board members have corporate responsibility for:
- Being responsible for managing the Trust on a day-to-day basis;
- Setting the strategic direction of the Trust within the policy and funding framework laid down by Parliament;
- Defining annual and longer term objectives and agreeing plans to achieve them;
- Overseeing the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against agreed objectives and targets, ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary;
- Ensuring the organisation develops in line with the needs of the Commissioners, the stakeholder community and wider NHS;
- Establishing an effective system of corporate governance; and
- Safeguarding the public reputation of the Trust.
The roles and responsibilities of the Chairman, Non-Executive Directors, Chief Executive and Executive Directors are set out in the Board Operating Framework.
Members of the Trust Board
The Trust Board comprises six Non-Executive Directors, including the Chairman, and five Executive Directors.
- James Brent, Chairman
- Dr Tim Douglas-Riley, Non-Executive Director
- Robert Down, Non-Executive Director
- Pauline Geen, Non-Executive Director
- Tony Neal, Non-Executive Director
- Kevin Orford, Non-Executive Director
- Suzanne Tracey, Chief Executive
- Darryn Allcorn, Chief Nurse
- Angela Hibbard, Director of Finance & Performance
- Adrian Harris, Medical Director
- Pete Adey, Chief Operating Officer
Other Associate Directors play a key role in the management and the business of the Trust, including:
- Iain Roy, Director of Facilities
- Julie Cooper, Director of People
Details of the Trust Board members’ backgrounds and experience and the key roles they play in the organisation can be found in the Directors’ profiles.
Register of Interests
In accordance with the NHS Code of Accountability, all Board Directors are required to declare interests which are relevant and material to the NHS Board of which they are a member.
Details of interests which are relevant and material are set out in section 7 of the Trust’s Standing Orders. Any other interests should be declared if in doubt. Examples include:
- Secondary employment – public or private employment, including consultancies and self-employment, including employment or voluntary employment or other NHS employers / organisations.
- Financial agreements – any connection with an organisation, entity or company considering entering with or having entered into a financial agreement with the Trust, including but not limited to, lenders or banks.
On appointment, Board members must declare any personal or business interest which may influence or may be perceived to influence their judgement in the exercise of their public duties in the course of conducting NHS business.
Any amendments, additions or removals to the Register of Interests must be recorded as soon as is practicable.
A rolling year of the Register of Interests is available to view by quarter below, however if you wish to view copies from previous years please contact Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle, PA to the Chairman, on 01271 311830 or email email@example.com
Board Register of Interests – Updated 10 June 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 6 June 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 15 April 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 5 March 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 4 March 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 12 February 2019 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 12 November 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 16 April 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 30 April 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 1 May 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 8 May 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 28 June 2018 (pdf)
Board Register of Interests – Updated 3 July 2018 (pdf)