Joined Board: 09 February 2015
Current term of office expires: 08 February 2021
- BSc (Civil and Structural Engineering)
- C.Eng. MICE
Background and Experience
Robert has a background in the oil and gas industry, managing and leading the technical and financial activities of a large, complex multinational company and working in operations and project management.
Since 2015, Robert has been a Board member of Anchorwood Ltd, where he is currently Chairman.
Robert was previously Chairman of Anchorwood Ltd between 2015 and 2019 and is also a Director of UNESCO North Devon Biosphere Foundation.
He joined the Trust in February 2015 as a Non-Executive Director. His term of office was due to end in February 2019, but he was reappointed for a further two years.
Board Expertise and Contribution
- Charitable Fund Trustee
- Emergency Planning, Response and Resilience Board Champion
Membership of Board sub-committees:
- Charitable Funds Committee – Committee Chair
- Finance Committee – Committee Chair
- Remunerations and Terms of Service Committee – Member
Membership of other Trust key committees:
- Emergency Planning, Response & Resilience Board – Joint Chair
- Hotel Services Partnering Board – Committee Chair (alternates with Sodexo CEO)
Entry on Register of Interests
Directorships: Executive Director, North Devon Biosphere Foundation;
Ownership of companies: None
Shareholdings in organisations: None
Position in charity or voluntary organisations: None
Contracting interests: None
Any other interests:
Self: Daughter, local GP
Self: Son-in-Law, Consultant Physician at North Devon District Hospital
Spouse: Daughter, local GP
Spouse: Son-in-Law, Consultant Physician at North Devon District Hospital