Joined Board: 03 March 2011
Current term of office expires: 02 March 2021
- Chartered Secretary and Administrator
- National Examining Board Occupational Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH)
Background and Experience
Pauline has worked for more than 30 years in the public and private sector, with key roles in administration, facilities management and customer service.
Pauline’s career began in 1976 with the Central Electricity Generating Board in the Company Secretariat. She progressed into facilities management and property services. She was the Senior Facilities Manager for Severn Trent Water for eight years. During this time, she engaged with key stakeholders to develop a Facilities Management strategy and new service model which delivered cost efficiencies and improvements in customer service. She worked for the National Policing Improvement Agency as Service Delivery Lead overseeing a large property portfolio including national police training centres, offices and data centres.
She has received awards from the British Institute of Facilities Management in customer service and the British Safety Council for excellence in health and safety.
She joined the Trust in March 2011 as a Non-Executive Director. Her term of office was due to end in February 2019, but she was reappointed for a further two years.
Board Expertise and Contribution
Pauline has a special interest in quality management, staff experience, workforce management and organisational development.
- Non-Executive Director lead for health and safety and security management
- Workforce Board Champion
- Charitable Fund Trustee
Membership of the Board sub- committees:
- Audit & Assurance Committee – Member
- Remuneration and Terms of Service Committee – Member
- Northern Devon Long Term Plan for Hospital Services Programme Board – Chair
Membership of other key Trust committees:
Entry on Register of Interests
Ownership of companies: None
Shareholdings in organisations: None
Position in charity or voluntary organisations: None
Contracting interests: None
Any other interests:
- Community Advisory Panel Member – East Youlstone Community Benefit Fund (Self)
- Chair, West & East Putford Parish Council (Self)
- Daughter, Research Administrator, University of Exeter Medical School. Based at the Research Innovation Learning and Development (RILD) building, RD&E (Spouse)