Joined Board: June 2018
Commenced current role: 18 June 2018
Background and Experience
Suzanne joined the NHS in 1993 having qualified as an accountant with Price Waterhouse. She held the post of Director of Finance/Deputy Chief Executive at Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust from 2002 before joining the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust to take up the role of Director of Finance in 2008 and subsequently Deputy Chief Executive/Chief Financial Officer. She was appointed as Chief Executive of the Royal Devon and Exeter in 2016. Under a collaborative agreement, agreed by the Boards of both the Royal Devon and Exeter and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust in June 2018, Suzanne became Chief Executive of both Trusts on 18 June 2018.
Suzanne is also Chair of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Provider Faculty and Past President of the HFMA.
Key areas of responsibility
- Trust Accountable Officer
- Leading and supporting the Executive Director Team
- Implementing the decisions of the Trust Board and its committees
- Implementing and maintaining the Trust’s strategic direction and forward planning.
Entry on Register of Interests
Ownership of companies: None
Shareholdings in organisations: None
Position in charity or voluntary organisations: None
- Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust – Chief Executive
- Chair of HFMA Provider Faculty
Any other interests: None