This page tells you how Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust uses and manages the personal data or information we hold about you, including how we share it with NHS and non-NHS organisations and how we maintain confidentiality.
The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government. Under the Act our Trust is defined as a ‘data controller’ of personal information. We collect personal information to help us employ and manage staff. The Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number Z7485161).
The health and social care system is facing significant pressures due to the Covid-19 outbreak. As such, the Secretary of State has required NHS Digital; NHS England and Improvement; Arm’s-Length Bodies (such as Public Health England); local authorities; health organisations and GPs to share confidential personal information to respond to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- What is personal information ?
- Why we collect information about you ?
- Data Protection Act 2018 and legal basis for processing
- Who do we share personal information with and why ?
- How do we keep your personal information safe and secure ?
- How long do we keep your records ?
- What are your information rights ?
- Surveillance Cameras (CCTV & Body Worn Video)
- How do I obtain a copy of my personal information
- Contact for data protection questions or concerns
Our full privacy notice is available here as a PDF.