In line with increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases across the country, national guidance on visiting healthcare inpatient settings has been updated to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
While visiting across NDHT remains in place, to help us better manage infection control risks, a number of changes to inpatient visiting, which are outlined below, will be effective from today, 12 January 2022.
We realise that these times can be distressing for patients and their loved ones, and we are sorry that we must restrict visits to hospital to protect patients and staff from COVID-19. We would like to thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding during what continues to be a challenging time.
Changes to inpatient visiting
One named visitor for each adult inpatient
- In line with national guidance, we have taken the difficult decision to reduce the number of named visitors from three to one for the duration of each patient’s stay to help keep our patients, staff and other visitors safe.
- Adult inpatients may have one named visitor for the duration of the inpatient stay may visit once per day, for one hour between 11am and 7pm. Visits must be booked with the ward at least one day before visiting. Visiting will not be routinely permitted on COVID-19 wards, except for exceptional circumstances as listed on our visiting page and must be agreed with the nurse in charge.
Requirement of a negative lateral flow test:
- All visitors will be asked to confirm that they have completed a negative lateral flow test on the day of the visit
- Please note that while visual confirmation/proof of a negative lateral flow is not required, we ask that all visitors please confirm this negative result to help us keep our patients, staff and other visitors safe.
- These tests can be obtained free of charge online or can be collected from a local pharmacy. Please see the NHS website for details.
The tests are simple to complete and the results need to be registered at: www.gov.uk/report-covid-19-result
Requirement of a face coverings unless medically exempt
- A face covering must be worn at all times, including when entering and moving through an NDHT healthcare setting, unless medically exempt from wearing a mask.
All other visiting guidance remains unchanged. Full details can be found here.