To reduce the risk to patients, staff and visitors, no visiting will be allowed at NDDH except for:
- Patients under the age of 18 years old – One resident parent/guardian only.
- The birthing partner of a woman in labour.
- A patient receiving end-of-life care – One visitor can visit for one hour a day (must be wearing PPE as advised by staff). Visits must be arranged in advance with the ward or area of the hospital giving care.
- Specific reasons of safety – Dementia or learning disability where anxiety would be increased significantly.
Do not visit if you or someone in your household has symptoms of Coronavirus.
- a new, persistent cough
- a high temperature (37.8 degrees centigrade or higher)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Alternatives to visiting
If the patient does not have their own device, we can facilitate a call to friends and family in place of a visit. Please speak with the nurse in charge who will be able to arrange this for you.
If you would like to send letters, drawings or cards to your loved one you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org placing “PATIENT COMMUNICATION” in the subject line and adding the patient’s details to the email. Attachments will be printed and delivered to the patient.
We realise that these times can be distressing for patients and their loved ones, and we are sorry that we must restrict visits to hospital to protect patients and staff during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Thank you for your support and understanding