As part of our continued actions to protect our community and to keep North Devon District Hospital and South Molton Community Hospital running we have made some changes to our visiting arrangements at both locations.
In order to reduce the footfall and minimise the potential spread of COVID-19 into the hospitals we respectfully request that you consider the changes that we have made as below:
- Changing visiting times to 14:30-19:00 (does not apply to children’s ward). We recognise that there will be exceptional circumstances for some patients and we would request that any exceptions are discussed with the nurse in charge.
- We advise that you visit your family member / loved one for no more than 1 hour (does not apply to children’s ward).
- We would advise that children under the age of 16 do not visit family members / loved ones in hospital.
- We ask that visits are restricted to one visitor per bed space or two visitors per bed space on the children’s ward.
- On entering a ward, please ensure that you either wash your hands thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds) or use alcohol rub provided. We would ask that you do the same on leaving the ward.
- We ask that only pregnant women and their partners attend the maternity department and antenatal appointments with their midwife
- Please consider the potential risk to others before you travel to or visit the hospital.
We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Our aim in asking for your help is to ensure we can continue to deliver the safest patient care by reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19. This will enable us to keep our beds open and protect our staff to care for our patients.
Thank you for your help in this.