- All invited to discovery event on Monday, 24 June, 2019, from 2pm to 7pm at Holsworthy Hospital
People in Holsworthy are being invited to a special event to discover the services at Holsworthy hospital and hear what local people had to say about services in the local community.
The event, which is hosted and run by the Holsworthy Community Involvement Group, takes place on Monday, 24 June, 2019, from 2pm to 7pm at Holsworthy Hospital and all are welcome.
The group is made up of local people who are working with the NHS to help people in Holsworthy and the surrounding parishes live healthier and happier lives.
The event on 24 June is an opportunity for local people to meet group members, find out about the many services at the hospital and even go on a tour of the building.
The findings of the Holsworthy Community Healthier and Happier Lives survey will also be revealed. The survey, which was run independently by Healthwatch Devon in summer 2018, attracted more than 1,100 responses.
Town and district councillor Jon Hutchings, former Holsworthy mayor and a member of the HCIG, said: “The response to the survey was fantastic and we are really looking forward to sharing the findings with the local community.
“We have formed a strong partnership with the NHS which has already yielded positive results and the event on Monday will also give us a chance to explain the next steps in the process.”
The group’s achievements include:
- Spearheading the opening of beds at Deer Park Care Home for people at the end of life and those with intensive rehabilitation needs
- Supporting an increase in the number of appointments at Holsworthy Hospital since beds were temporarily removed
- Mapping 100 community groups, such as local voluntary, charity
- and statutory services
- Producing and delivering information leaflets about the project to 16,000 people in the area
- Improving links between the NHS in Devon and Cornwall and exploring opportunities at Stratton Hospital
- Establishing a list of local priorities to be addressed
Gary Patch, a senior member of the community services team at Northern Devon Healthcare Care NHS Trust, said: “We’re calling on as many people as possible to attend and we will also be offering local people the chance to get involved and share their views as part of future focus groups.”
Refreshments will be available during the day. Tours of the hospital will only be available towards the end of the event once clinical sessions have concluded for the day.