Did you know 70% of people don’t think they produce food waste? In 2015 UK households threw away 7.1 million tonnes of food and drink every year and half of which could have been eaten.
Reducing food waste is a great way to save some money and the environment, here are some tips:
- Use leftover vegetables to make soup by adding stock and blending, or leaving chunky if you prefer.
- Use tinned, frozen and dried products so they’re ready for use when needed rather than going off beforehand.
- If you make too much trying freezing the leftovers, using them in another recipe or have them the next day.
- Use the portion planner on the website linked below to work out how much you need to buy and prepare for the numbers of mouths you are feeding
- Children need different amounts – have a look at the guide to kids portions on the website below
For more tips check out this link https://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/compleating?_ga=2.60046701.151506612.1548073766-1648176503.1548073766