Work experience offers you the opportunity to appreciate the working environment prior to making a career choice. It can provide a valuable insight to help you make the right decisions.
The NHS is not just about doctors and nurses -there are over 350 different roles from engineers, chefs, scientists, finance and managerial.
Work experience in Northern Devon Healthcare Trust will give you a sample
of many of these career paths.
Work experience is unpaid and is between one and five days. Placements can be in clinical areas on wards, or non-clinical areas such as in offices and reception areas.
We hope that after taking part in an NDDH work experience opportunity, you will consider a career in the NHS after completing your education.
Benefits of Work Experience include
- Opening doors to future employment opportunities
- Building your confidence, extending your skills and knowledge
- Putting your skills into practice
- Appreciating the relevance of the what you learn at school/college
- Exposure to a working environment
For further information please contact: Gail Richards, Lead for Engaging the Young Workforce
Telephone: 01237 420 281 e-mail: email@example.com