‘Committed to person centred, dignified, compassionate, safe and effective care in the right place by the right staff with the right skills working together all of the time.’
Tracey Morrish – Team Manager
Rebecca Young – Nurse Educator Barnstaple and Fremington
Martine Butler – Nurse Educator Ilfracombe, Braunton, South Molton and Chulmleigh
Bridget Tait – Nurse Educator Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy
Sarah Bishop – Paramedic Educator Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy
Meg Hill – Occupational Therapist covering whole locality
Sarah Winfield-Davies – Nurse Educator/ Safeguarding Nurse covering whole locality
Jason Parnell – Paramedic Educator covering whole locality
Meloney Gravett – Nurse Educator covering whole locality
Matthew Stoneman – Administration support
To deliver a structured education and training programme which compliments existing statutory training to residential and care homes with nursing within Northern Devon.
Aims and Objectives:
- To prevent avoidable hospital admissions from supported living, residential and nursing care homes within Northern Devon.
- To reduce whole home safeguarding enquiries.
- To support the delivery of excellent standards of care within care homes across Northern Devon through the provision of support, education and training.
- To support the delivery of an exceptional client experience within Northern Devon care homes.
Core subjects that training is provided in are:
- Prevention of pressure damage
- Urinary tract infections and catheter acquired urinary tract infections
- Management of urinary catheters
- Infection control and hand washing
- Skin care
- Privacy and Dignity
- Swallowing and prevention of choking
- Management of diabetes
- Management of Constipation
- Falls prevention
- Importance of correct seating and Posture
- Hoist use and sling insertion
- Bed reposition and slide sheet use
- Documentation implementation support, including use of risk assessments
To contact the team please email firstname.lastname@example.org