Annual General Meeting
The Trust is holding its Annual General Meeting at 5:00 pm on Tuesday 6 September
Venue: Chichester Board Room, North Devon District Hospital, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple, EX31 4JB
The following items will be covered:
- A review of the main achievements for 2015/16
- The Annual Accounts 2015/16
- The Annual Report and Quality Account
All members of staff and the public are welcome to attend
Light refreshments will be available
Role of the Trust Board
As a Board of a public service body, the Trust Board forms the collective strategic and operational leadership of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust and brings together its Executive Directors with independent Non-Executive Directors from outside the organisation to retain full and effective control over the Trust’s business.
Trust Board members have corporate responsibility for:
- Being responsible for managing the Trust on a day-to-day basis;
- Setting the strategic direction of the Trust within the policy and funding framework laid down by Parliament;
- Defining annual and longer term objectives and agreeing plans to achieve them;
- Overseeing the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against agreed objectives and targets, ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary;
- Ensuring the organisation develops in line with the needs of the Commissioners, the stakeholder community and wider NHS;
- Establishing an effective system of corporate governance; and
- Safeguarding the public reputation of the Trust.
The roles and responsibilities of the Chairman, Non-Executive Directors, Chief Executive and Executive Directors are set out in the Board Operating Framework.
Members of the Trust Board
The Trust Board comprises six Non-Executive Directors, including the Chairman, and five Executive Directors.
- Roger French, Chairman
- Dr Tim Douglas-Riley, Non-Executive Director
- Robert Down, Non-Executive Director
- Pauline Geen, Non-Executive Director
- Nick Lewis, Deputy Chairman
- Tony Neal, Non-Executive Director
- Dr Alison Diamond, Chief Executive
- Dr Nicola Ryley, Interim Director of Nursing
- Andy Robinson, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Finance & Performance
- Robert Sainsbury, Director of Operations
- George Thomson, Medical Director
Other Associate Directors play a key role in the management and the business of the Trust, including:
- Andy Ibbs, Commercial Director
- Iain Roy, Director of Facilities
- Darryn Allcorn, Director of Workforce and Development
- Jonathan Broad, Associate Non-Executive Director
Details of the Trust Board members’ backgrounds and experience and the key roles they play in the organisation can be found in the Directors’ profiles.
Meetings of the Trust Board
Board meetings of the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust are open to staff, the press and the public. Guidance notes are available on how the Board meetings work and on how to submit a written question on matters being discussed at the Board meeting.
All Board meetings will commence at 10.00am. Board meetings are held in the Chichester Boardroom, North Devon District Hospital, Raleigh Park, Barnstaple EX31 4JB.
|Tuesday 2 February 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 5 April 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 7 June 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 2 August 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 4 October 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 6 December 2016||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 7 February 2017||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
|Tuesday 4 April 2017||10.00 – 17.00||Chichester Boardroom, NDDH|
The agenda and papers for Board meetings may be viewed on the Trust’s website and will be made available at least two working days before the Board meeting.
The final approved minutes are made available within five working days following approval by the Board.
If you have particular requirements in respect of access or assistance, or for further information, please contact Geraldine Garnett-Frizelle, PA to the Chairman, on 01271 311830 or email email@example.com
Register of Interests
In accordance with the NHS Code of Accountability, all Board Directors are required to declare interests which are relevant and material to the NHS Board of which they are a member.
Details of interests which are relevant and material are set out in section 7 of the Trust’s Standing Orders. Any other interests should be declared if in doubt. Examples include:
- Secondary employment – public or private employment, including consultancies and self-employment, including employment or voluntary employment or other NHS employers / organisations.
- Financial agreements – any connection with an organisation, entity or company considering entering with or having entered into a financial agreement with the Trust, including but not limited to, lenders or banks.
On appointment, Board members must declare any personal or business interest which may influence or may be perceived to influence their judgement in the exercise of their public duties in the course of conducting NHS business.
Any amendments, additions or removals to the Register of Interests must be recorded as soon as is practicable. A ‘live’ copy of the Register of Interests is available:
Board Register of Interests – Updated 22 July 2016 (pdf)